- Key Points: Triund Trek, Galu Temple, Bhagsunaag, McLeod Ganj, Shiva Cafe, Dharamkot.
- State: Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Duration: 2 Nights 2 Days.
- Altitude: 2,875 m (9,432 feet).
- Trek Distance: Approximately 9 Kms from Galu Temple.
- Summer temperature: (10°C to 25°C)
- Winter temperature: (-3°C to 5°C)
- Best Time To Visit: All Year Round.
- Trek Level: Easy to Moderate.
- How to Reach: Take a bus from New Delhi/Chandigarh to Dharamshala/McLeod Ganj, then take a local taxi from McLeod Ganj stand to Galu temple, then from Galu temple, you can start your trek.
- Weather: In winter, Snow covers the peaks and in the summers you can experience a cool breeze.
The Triund trek is one of the most beautiful trek in the Dharmshala region of Himachal Pradesh. This trek is a great option for the ones who love to explore the nature. It is an easy trek for those who do not prefer to walk much but want to enjoy the trekking. It is a part of Dharamkot and it is situated at an altitude of 2875 meters at the base of the Dhauladhar mountain range.
Right from the beginning of the trek, you can see the Moon Peak, Rifle Horn, Arthur Seat, and the Dhauladhar mountain range. The forest section of this trek is small, but the oak forests make the trekking route quite memorable. The Triund trek offers the enjoyment of both sunset and sunrise views. It is a very thrilling trek with captivating views of the Kangra valley and the snow-covered Dhauladhar mountain range.
About Triund Trek
The trek starts from the small town of McLeod Ganj, near Dharamshala, home of Tibet’s spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama. Anyone with a moderate level of fitness can complete the Triund Trek, as it is suitable for both beginners & experienced trekkers. The trekking distance is approximately 9 km long and takes about 4-5 hours to complete. The trail passes through dense forests of oak and deodar trees, and you can see the stunning 360° views of the surrounding mountain belt of the Dhauladhar.
As you climb higher, the view of the Dhauladhar range becomes more spectacular, with snow-capped mountains in the distance. The last part of the walk is quite steep, but the view from the top makes it all worthwhile. The mountains surrounding the Kangra Valley below are truly breathtaking. The sunset and sunrise views from triund are one of the highlights of this trek, travelers often stay overnight at the top for viewing Across Triund, there are a few shops and a dhaba (local restaurant).Where travelers can buy food and drinks. It is advisable to take some snacks and water as the stores can be expensive.
Information About Triund Trek Route
Right Now, There are two routes for Triund Trek. One is via Galu Temple and another one is via Shiva Cafe. Its totally up to you from where you want to go but we advise to go via Galu temple and come back via same route. Because Shiva cafe route is very steep and dangerous. So, better to avoid the shiva cafe route and during the return time from the trek, Do not forget to enjoy the hostel stay at zostel dharamkot.
If you’re looking for a break from your daily hectic life, Triund trek and exploring Mcleod Ganj is the perfect weekend getaway, and it’s easily accessible from Delhi/Chandigarh.
Things to keep in mind while traveling:
- Do not roam alone at night. It’s not safe.
- Respect Pahari culture and don’t argue/fight with people around you.
- Do not litter in the mountains.
- Save mountains, Save Nature.
- Don’t do trekking with drugs.
- Always carry a medical box, torchlight, trekking stick, trekking shoes, warm clothes, and a water bottle with you.
- Always walk carefully, Do not trek in bad weather.
By clicking on the below link, you can book a room in the Hostel according to your choice
Cafe’s Nearby Triund-Mcleod Ganj
Let me introduce myself quickly. I’m the Author of Tripanchal, I have completed a Bachelor of Technology from YMCAUST and am a Senior Engineer in a Japanese MNC.
So, here I publish articles based on my travel experiences and insights through my writing and photography, inspiring others to explore nature and embrace new cultures.
If you want to get information about travel then you are on the right website.
I hope you are enjoying our articles as much as we enjoy offering them to you.
If you have any questions or comments, Please give feedback to us at email@example.com