- Key Points: Churdhar Peak, Sirmaur, Jam Nallah, Lord Shirgul Maharaj, Chooreshwar Mahadev.
- State: Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Duration: 2 Nights 3Days.
- Altitude: 3,647m (12,00 feet).
- Trek Distance: Approximately 18 km from Nohradhar, 45 km from Sarahan.
- Summer temperature: (10°C to 20°C)
- Winter temperature: (-10°C to 5°C)
- Best Time To Visit: May to November.
- Trek Level: Moderate.
- How to Reach: Take a bus from New Delhi to the Chandigarh bus stand then take a bus/taxi from Chandigarh to the Solan stand, again take a local taxi from Solan to Nohradhar, then from Nohradhar, you can start your trek.
- Budget: Under ₹ 6000-7000 per person.
- Weather: In winter, Snow covers the peaks and in the summers you can experience a cool breeze.
‘Churdhar trek’ is a majestic mountain situated in the Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh at an elevation of 3,647 meters, It is one of the highest peaks of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas. The peak is also known as ChuriChandni, which means ‘mountain of the snow bangle’ in the local language.
The trekking route to Churdhar peak starts from the small town of nohradhar, which is around 45-50 Km from Solan. Nohradhar is a small town, surrounded by lush green forests and hills. It is a perfect place to start your trek and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature. The treks from nohradhar winds up through dense forests of deodar, oak, and rhododendron trees. The Treks offer beautiful views of the surrounding hills and valleys and provide trekkers with an opportunity to experience the natural beauty of the region.
About Churdhar Trek
The trek to Churdhar trek can be done throughout the year, except during the monsoon season when the trail becomes slippery and dangerous. The best time to visit the Churdhar trek is from May to November whenever the weather is pleasant and the skies are clear.
The ‘Churdhar trek’ is a moderate-level trek and it will take around 2-3 days to complete, depending on your physical fitness. The churdhar trek offers you an opportunity to immerse yourself in the beauty of the Himalayas, with breathtaking views of snow-capped peaks, verdant valleys, and charming mountain villages. The highlight of the trek is undoubtedly the picturesque churdhar peak, which offers a glimpse into the region’s rich cultural heritage and traditional architecture. Overall, the Trekking distance is around 18Kms from nohradhar and the trek involves trekking uphill for the first two days and hillside on the last day.
There are so many accommodations and food options available on the trip. You can do camping or stay in the guesthouses, available at various points along the trail. The food is simple and tasty mostly consisting of local dishes like dal, rice, chapatis, and vegetables. If you’re looking for a break from your daily 9-5 work life, Churdhar Trek is the perfect weekend getaway for you, and it’s easily accessible from Delhi/Chandigarh.
Things to keep in mind while traveling:
- Do not roam alone at night. It’s not safe.
- Respect Pahari culture and don’t argue/fight with people around you.
- Do not litter in the mountains.
- Save mountains, Save Nature.
- Don’t do trekking with drugs.
- Always carry a medical box, torchlight, trekking stick, tracking shoes, warm clothes, and a water bottle with you.
- Always walk carefully, Do not trek in bad weather.
Q1: What is the churdhar trek distance ?
The trek distance is approximately 18 km from Nohradhar, 45 km from Sarahan.
Q2: what is the churdhar trek height ?
The altitude of churdhar trek is 3,647m (12,00 feet).
Q3: Is trek to churdhar peak difficult ?
The trek involves steep climbs and rocky terrain, Which can be challenging for those who are not used to physical activity. Therefore, it is recommended to prepare for the trek at least a few days in advance by engaging in cardio and strength training exercises. It is advisable to prepare oneself physically and mentally before undertaking the trek.
Q4: Where to stay at churdhar trek ?
Yes, there are some accommodation options available at churdhar, ranging from guesthouses and hotels to resorts. However, it is advisable to book in advance, especially during the peak season, to ensure availability.
Q5: Can I do Churdhar trek in winters ?
This trek can be done throughout the year, except during the monsoon season when the trail becomes slippery and dangerous. The best time to visit the Churdhar trek is from May to November whenever the weather is pleasant and the skies are clear.
Q6: Nohradhar to churdhar trek distance ?
The trek distance is approximately 18 km from Nohradhar.
By clicking on the below link, you can book a room in the Hotel/Resort according to your choice
Cafe’s Near by Churdhar Peak
Let me introduce myself quickly. I’m the Author of Tripanchal, I have completed a Bachelor of Technology from YMCAUST and am a Senior Engineer in a Japanese MNC.
So, here I publish articles based on my travel experiences and insights through my writing and photography, inspiring others to explore nature and embrace new cultures.
If you want to get information about travel then you are on the right website.
I hope you are enjoying our articles as much as we enjoy offering them to you.
If you have any questions or comments, Please give feedback to us at email@example.com